Create this cute dessert for Valentines Day, a Box of Chocolates! Purchased brownies, frosting and valentine candies is all you need to make this treat. Check out how to make this quick, easy and fun dessert just in time for Valentines Day.
The brownies are placed in small white baking cups in a heart shaped box lined with Valentine M & M’s. Perfect for gift giving. Pre and total time to create is 25 minutes. To order the Heart Shaped box click here.
Box of Chocolates Recipe
24- 36 purchased mini brownies
1 can dark chocolate frosting
1 can vanilla frosting
Assorted Valentine Candies- M & M’s, chocolate jimmies, red hots, foil covered hearts, sprinkles .( use small candies like M & M’s to fill in the spaces between brownie/chocolates in the box).
24-36 Mini cupcake liners
3-6 Heart shaped boxes ( my box is 6″ which equals 6 brownies)
Disposable piping bag
Tip # 3
parchment paper or decorating Valentine wrapping paper to line box
Wired edged ribbon to coordinate with heart box
- Spoon 1/4 cup chocolate frosting in glass microwaveable bowl and place in microwave 15 seconds until melted.
- Stir until smooth, set aside.
- Arrange candies in separate bowls for easy decorating.
- Fill piping bag with tip #3 with vanilla frosting, set aside.
- Arrange brownies on baking sheet for decorating.
- Dip brownie top into melted chocolate glaze. Let drip upside down to remove excess frosting. Dip again if necessary to coat top of brownie evenly.
- Place frosted brownie on baking sheet, decorate with assorted candies as desired.
- Allow brownies to set for 20 minutes before placing in paper cup liners.
- Line heart shaped box with pretty wrapping paper or parchment, place brownie chocolates into box. Fill in extra spaces with valentine M & M’s.
- Place lid on box or cover with plastic wrap or cellophane and tie with ribbon.
- Makes: 24-36 mini brownie chocolates.
- Be careful not to boil frosting in microwave.
*Think about the sides of your box to determine the height or thickness of valentine candy. You will want to use candies that will allow you to cover the box once packaged.
*These are perishable. Best to serve the day you make them.
Be sure to pin to your favorite board.
Check out Connie Clyburn’s, post on the photo shoot we did together creating this Valentine Day Treat. We had so much fun. The bloopers are worthy of a good belly laugh. You will love them!
Enjoy!!! Liz XOXOh
About the Author
Liz Bushong is an expert in the three-dimensional art of entertaining. She transforms simple dining occasions into beautiful and memorable moments by adding a touch of her own “sassy” style. For the past several years Liz been entrusted to decorate the White House for several Holidays. She is a featured monthly guest chef/designer on WCYB TV 5, WSLS10-Daytime Blue Ridge and other television shows. Liz is the author of Sweets & Savories cookbook as well as past contributing writer for VIP Seen and Bella magazine. See recipes and ideas: lizbushong.com and social media. Liz is offering a free download of Black and White Creative Tablescape Ideas when you subscribe to lizbushong.com.