Truffles at Christmas are perfect little treats for gift giving. This recipe is quick and easy with 6 ingredients. Fresh Cranberries and cocoa mixed together with sweetened condensed milk play the leading role in this recipe. Shaped in round balls and coated with confectioner’s sugar or coating of choice makes these truffles simple to make. The recipe makes 48 one inch truffles.
Refrigerate 4-hours before Serving
In as much as you would want to eat these little gems as soon as you make them, they need to be chilled for several hours for flavor to develop and to set up. After rolling in confectioner’s sugar, you may need to coat them again after the chill time. Serving the truffles in cute little candy cups makes this candy easy to eat and transport.
Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners to keep the truffles in place. Place the truffles in each liner and cover with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out. Other options for rolling or coating the truffles include finely chopped pecans, walnuts, cocoa, coconut, even crushed candy canes.
Tips for making Truffles
- Cook fresh cranberries in medium saucepan with water and corn syrup until the berries pop and thicken.
- Chill mixture at least 3 hours up to 12 before rolling out. Cover with plastic wrap to keep moist.
- Truffle mixture is very sticky, wear gloves to roll.
- Drop each rolled truffle directly into custard cup of confectioner’s sugar.
Sweet Cranberry Chocolate Truffle Recipe
- Prep Time: 8 minutes + 3 hour chill
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 48 candies 1x
- Category: Dessert- Candy
- Method: cook top
- Cuisine: American
3/4 cup butter
1–14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups fresh cranberries
2/3 cup special dark cocoa *Hershey’s
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
Toppings: cocoa, confectioner’s sugar, chopped pecans, coconut, crushed candy canes
- In medium saucepan, place cranberries, water and corn syrup. Heat over medium heat stirring mixture until berries pop and mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, let cool. Remove mixture to medium sized mixing bowl.
- In same saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter, cocoa and sweetened condensed milk, stir until mixture thickens.
- Add cooled cranberries to cocoa mixture. Mixture will be sticky.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours up to 12, cover mixture with plastic wrap while chilling.
- Wearing gloves, roll mixture into 1 ” balls, coat with confectioner’s sugar or topping of choice.
- Store in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Recipe is inspired by Cranberries.org.
Keywords: cranberry truffles