Because St. Patricks Day will be here soon now is the time to make your kiddos a batch of Shamrock Butter Cookies. The lime green butter cookies are sweet, have a crisp texture and sandwiched with Chocolate Mint Ganache. With simple ingredients like lime jello, butter, eggs, sugar and flour makes the dough is easy to roll out and cut into shapes. I used a 3 -leaf clover cookie cutter to make 12 sandwich cookies or 24 singles. Super easy to make and bake.
In addition, check out 3 Dessert Ideas That Your Kiddos Will Surely Love! Just scroll down below recipe to see link for Chocolate Mint Mousse Parfaits and Lime Jello shots. Click on photo or links for recipes. Enjoy!
Above all your kids will love being in the kitchen with you. Why not make there day and have them bake these cookies with you! Create wonderful memories being in the kitchen together. Let me know if you make these cookies. Enjoy! Liz Xo
How to Bake Shamrock Butter Cookies
Shamrock Butter Cookie Recipe
¾ cup butter, softened- tested Land O Lakes
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-3 oz box Lime gelatin dessert-dry- tested Jell-O®
2 cups all purpose flour
Filling: Mint Chocolate Ganache
1 cup chocolate mini morsels
½ cup heavy whipping cream
4 unwrapped Andes Mints®, grated
Desired garnish- green sprinkles, grated Andes Mints ®
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, sugar, extract, gelatin powder and egg in large mixing bowl on medium speed.
- Lower speed gradually add flour.
- Beat until mixture leaves the sides of the bowl.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into 1/8 inch thickness.
- Using floured shamrock cookie cutter cut out cookies.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool cookies before filling- cookies are not soft but firm/crisp.
- Ganache Filling:
- In microwave safe bowl, microwave cream for 40 seconds on high until very hot, not boiling.
- Add chocolate morsels to warm cream.
- Stir to combine, mixture will be runny at first, keep stirring until thickened.
- Mixture will be soft and glossy.
- Allow ganache to firm slightly.
- Add shaved Andes Mints to mixture to flavor or use 1/ 4 teaspoon mint extract.
Stir to blend in flavor.
- When chocolate is thickened, spread on one side of cookie, add remaining cookie to make a sandwich.
Yield: 24 single cookies or 12 sandwich- used 2.5″cookie cutter
In conclusion, here are the other St. Patrick’s Day Recipes you might like to try: