Now is the time to bake a batch of Shamrock Butter Cookies just in time for St. Patrick’s Day! This butter cookie recipe is made with simple ingredients; lime jello, butter, eggs, sugar and flour. The flavorful dough is easy to roll out and cut into shapes. Cut out the cookies with a 3″ -leaf clover cookie cutter to make 12 sandwich cookies or 24 singles. Super easy to make and bake, however the cookies are very sweet and crispy. Serve these cookies as a single cookie or sandwich together with Chocolate Mint Ganache.
How to Bake Shamrock Butter Cookies
Shamrock Butter Cookie Recipe
¾ cup butter, softened- tested Land O Lakes
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-3 oz box Lime gelatin dessert-dry- tested Jell-O®
2 cups all purpose flour
Filling: Mint Chocolate Ganache
1 cup chocolate mini morsels
½ cup heavy whipping cream
4 unwrapped Andes Mints®, grated
Desired garnish- green sprinkles, grated Andes Mints ®
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, sugar, extract, gelatin powder and egg in large mixing bowl on medium speed.
- Lower speed gradually add flour.
- Beat until mixture leaves the sides of the bowl.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into 1/8 inch thickness.
- Using floured shamrock cookie cutter cut out cookies.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool cookies before filling- cookies are not soft but firm/crisp.
- Ganache Filling:
- In microwave safe bowl, microwave cream for 40 seconds on high until very hot, not boiling.
- Add chocolate morsels to warm cream.
- Stir to combine, mixture will be runny at first, keep stirring until thickened.
- Mixture will be soft and glossy.
- Allow ganache to firm slightly.
- Add shaved Andes Mints to mixture to flavor or use 1/ 4 teaspoon mint extract.
Stir to blend in flavor.
- When chocolate is thickened, spread on one side of cookie, add remaining cookie to make a sandwich.
Yield: 24 single cookies or 12 sandwich- used 2.5″cookie cutter
Here are a few other ideas you might like to try:
Lime Jello & Whipped Cream Shots ( no alcohol) Lime gelatin is poured in small container, chilled to set at an angle, filled with whipped cream.