Not all Christmas cookies are the same… for quick gift giving or entertaining check out these Chocolate Covered Wafer Cookies. Purchased wafer cookies are sandwiched together with Nutella spread, chilled and dipped in dark chocolate.
You’re family and friends will love these cookies and you will love how quick and easy they are to make. Whether creating cookie trays for gift giving or just wanting an easy cookie to make for your family this is the perfect cookie. Hope you will try this easy-to-make recipe. Let me know how they turn out for you.
Chocolate Covered Wafer Cookies
Be sure to use a serrated knife for slicing these layered cookies into smaller bites as well as see the pretty layers inside the cookie. Slice cookies right before serving the tray for best results. Recipe was inspired by A Family Feast website.
Chocolate Covered Wafer Cookie Recipe
18-24 Sugar Wafer Cookies- purchased – amount is determined by package you purchase.
1/4 cup Nutella Hazelnut Spread
Christmas Decor- or Sprinkles of choice to garnish
- Separate sugar wafer cookies from package. Cookies are 1″ wide by 3- 1/4″ long and very fragile. Refrigerate separated cookies for 10 minutes before spreading with nutella.
- Spread a thin layer of Nutella between two cookies and press together. Chill cookies 15-20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or microwave a few wafers at at time in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 15-20 seconds at a time stir to melt.
- Dip cookies in chocolate coating the bottom and sides of cookies. Place on wax paper to set. When chocolate is set/hardened, dip top of cookies in chocolate.
- Decorate tops of cookies with Christmas sprinkles or decor while chocolate is wet.
About the Author
Liz Bushong is an expert in the three-dimensional art of entertaining. She transforms simple dining occasions into beautiful and memorable moments by adding a touch of her own “sassy” style. For the past several years Liz been entrusted to decorate the White House for several Holidays. She is a featured monthly guest chef/designer on WCYB TV 5, WSLS10-Daytime Blue Ridge and other television shows. Liz is the author of Sweets & Savories cookbook as well as past contributing writer for VIP Seen and Bella magazine. See recipes and ideas: lizbushong.com and social media. Liz is offering a free download of Black and White Creative Tablescape Ideas when you subscribe to lizbushong.com.